Monday, April 26, 2010

Easy Chicken Alfredo

Is anyone else not cooking as much the last couple of weeks? I totally haven't been. We have been eating out a lot. So back to cooking this week. And I don't know why, but every time I start cooking again after I have stopped for a little while, it always reminds me how much I enjoy cooking.

So I had bought 2 jars of Classico brand Alfredo sauce about a month or two ago and they have sat on the self in my pantry since then. So I decided I should probably do something with them so they weren't just taking up space in my pantry.

3-4 chicken breasts cut into strips
olive oil and butter for cooking chicken
salt and pepper for cooking chicken
cayenne pepper for cooking chicken
Italian seasonings for cooking chicken
1 box of spaghetti, angel hair or fettuccine pasta (I used thick spaghetti)
2 jars of Alfredo sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

Boil water for pasta. Cook pasta while cooking chicken.

Salt and pepper chicken well. Sauté chicken in olive oil and butter. Just before chicken is done sprinkle about a tsp of Italian seasonings on the chicken. And then about 1/8- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (whatever you and you family can handle) The cayenne pepper I actually added completely by mistake. I went to grab my seasoning salt which is about the same color but more orange the reddish. Anyway, so after about 3 shakes I realized it was cayenne. Oops! I said...and then decided it wasn't a lot so I just went with it. And I'm REALLY glad I did. It added a great spice to the dish. My kids still ate it, so luckily it wasn't too much.

Then when the chicken was cooked through, I added the 2 jars of Alfredo sauce. Stirred it well to combine all the olive oil, butter and spices on the pan and chicken. Then tossed in the mozzarella, cuz it sounded good. And I LOVE cheese. Everything is better with cheese. Stirred that to combine. Then added the drained pasta. Mixed it all together and then let it sit on low covered for about 15 minutes.


Don't you just LOVE my new dark eggplant purple colored plates?? I do. Got them at Ikea for only 25$!! And it is service for 6. I'm temped to buy another set so I have service for 12. Ya know...for whenever I will have special occasion dinners in my home ;-)

No comments: