Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mango Lassi


So I'm thinking mangoes are my new favorite fruit. We are getting them a lot in our Bountiful Baskets. So yes, this is another BBasket recipe post :) But this one is a smoothie. And OMG! It is so yummy! I first had a Mango Lassi when I lived in California. It is an Indian drink (and no, not Native Americans, but people actually from India). So I looked up a recipe for one and came across this one. I altered it a little bit though.

Here is my version of the recipe.

2 mangoes (from BBasket) peeled, flesh removed from the seed thingie in the middle and roughly chopped
1/2 a carton of vanilla yogurt (from the 2lb carton)
about 3/4 cup of milk (I eyeballed it)
a large handful of ice
1/2 cup of sugar (you can add more, but my mangoes were really ripe and very sweet)

Place all ingriedients above in a blender (I just bought the Ninja Master Prep this weekend and it is awesome!) and combine until very smooth and thick. Pour into glasses and enjoy!

No comments: