Saturday, October 1, 2011

The pre-teen "Big-girl" birthday party

I loved Lexi's idea of Hostessing frugally, and I thought it should be an addition to the blog.  Throwing a party, or just a nice meal should never break the bank.

This was my daughter's birthday party.  She invited 6 friends and here's the invitation that i scrapbooked and printed in 4x6 on my home computer.  Free!  Woot! (I edited out the personal info.)




 My oldest daughter wanted a party that made her feel big.  No cup cakes, no games, just sophistication.... she's nine.   She chose THIS for an idea site.  And she wanted the purple, black and white theme.

 We fortunately had the yard for it, I borrowed the table cloths and chair cover from my mother-in-law, the doilies and toole were from the dollar store as was the tissue paper.
The Eiffel Tower center piece was a $1 yard sale find the day before and made a fun extra Birthday present as well.   We had ribbon on hand, and the party favors below were from a Martha Stewart template  They, stuffed with caramel corn, cost only a couple of dollars as well.  We served Ice lemon Water and THESE RASPBERRY TARTLETS 

The girls decorated Hat boxes that were $2.99 at Roberts (less with my coupon)
And these paper shoes.  I used double sided card stock to avoid making the insert.

3 comments:

St.Aubin said...

It turned out so wonderful I want to do it for MY birthday! :-) Want to come to my house and help :-D

Mrs T said...

Um... YES I do!!!

St.Aubin said...

yea!!!!!