Sunday, January 17, 2010

Beef Taco Bake

I found this recipe in Campbell's Casseroles & One-Dish Favorites. I'm really liking this magazine so far.

Takes about 40 mins
makes about 4 servings

1 lb ground beef
1 can Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup
1 cup Pace Chunky Salsa or Picante Sauce.
1/2 cup milk
6 (8-inch) flour tortillas or 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup (4oz) shredded Cheddar cheese

1) Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned. stirring frequently to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
2) Stir in soup, salsa, milk, tortillas and half of the cheese into the skillet. Pour into a shallow baking dish and cover.
3) Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 mins or until hot. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.

We like cheese so I used more then what was called for. I like things a little spicy so I used medium salsa. Also was good as a leftover.

No comments: