Sunday, January 17, 2010

Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo

I got this recipe out of the Campbell's Casserole & One-Dish Favorites magazine. I served it with Mozzarella Bread.

1/2 of a 1-pound package of linguine
1 cup of fresh or frozen broccoli flowerets
2 tbsp butter
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

1) Cook the linguine per the package directions in a 3-quart sauce pan. Add the broccoli during the last 4 mins of cooking. Drain mixture well in a colander.
2) Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until its well browned, stirring frequently.
3) Stir in the soup, milk, cheese, pepper, and linguine/broccoli mixture. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbly. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.

Note: I didn't have any linguine noodles in my pantry, so used fettuccine noodles instead. Also instead of fresh Parmesan I used Kraft'd grated Parmesan and Romano cheese (in the plastic bottle with green label) that people put on pizza. It came out really good.

3 comments:

Lexi said...

You are the Campbell's Queen!!! These all look great :-)

Tori said...

Thanks and there are still quite a few recipes I want to try out of the magazine. Its nice cause a lot of the ingredients I already have in the house.

Julie said...

McCormick makes a really good alfredo sauce packet, too. Just add milk, butter and the packet and it is pretty tasty.
I'll have to try this one though, looks good. yum.