Monday, March 22, 2010

Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff

4-6 pieces of frozen chicken
16 ounces in weight of sour cream
2 packages of onion soup mix
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (or 1 can cream of chicken, 1 can cream of mushroom)
your choice of noodles or rice

I salt and peppered the chicken, and also added 4 tablespoons of butter.

Put the chicken into the slow cooker. In a bowl mix together all other ingredients and then pour over chicken in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. During the last hour cook your noodles or rice. I also took the chicken out on a place and shredded it with 2 forks and added it back. Then add drained noodles or fully cooked rice to the mixture. Cook for another 30 minutes to and hour.

I forgot to take a photo, but this dish was really yummy, and obviously very easy. The hubby and kids loved it so I will for sure make it again.

I'm really into my slow cooker lately! I love the ease of it and the food is really good. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Lexi said...

Tried it. Loved It. Have made it twice since. :-)

Tristan said...

It is totally yummy right? :-)

Lady Carolyn said...

Looks SO GOOD!