Saturday, February 11, 2012

Weekly cooking

I've been working nights at the hospital for almost a year now and find that it can be very difficult to get myself motivated to cook when I work multiple shifts in a row. By the time I get home from a 12 hour shift I am less then inspired to a whole lot more than shower and sleep. Unfortunately not cooking can be very hard on the pocket book.
Taking a page from my mothers book (who is a very smart woman who successfully raised three very busy young girls on a budget) I spent the evening on a day off cooking and preparing for the days ahead.
I love cooking and so I took the time to pick out new recipes to try. However, If you aren't a huge fan of spending hours cooking -going with fast and easy go to meals works very well for this! By picking a single day to dedicate some time cooking...you can save yourself hours of time the rest of the week. You can prepare packed lunches as well as dinners for at home. If you want to make a more than will keep in the fridge for a few days...try a few freezable classics for the end of the week.

No comments: