Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Dip That Saved Me

I got a Kitchen-Aid Mixer for Christmas. I haven't used it. My oven has been used once since January. My kids are getting sick of pancakes and my husband misses meat. Yes, I am pregnant and am so nauseous that my once beloved past time of cooking for my family has been thrown aside. There is however one thing that I have been craving. It doesn't smell up the whole house and I could eat it by the bucket-load. This dip has literally become my alternative to pancakes and french toast and cold cereal. If it's weird please don't tell me-I don't think I want to know!

Tomato, diced
Large bunch of fresh cilantro, llightly chopped
1/2 stalk green onion, minced
dash or two of lemon juice
handful of chopped black olives
dash of garlic salt

I could eat this stuff straight from the bowl- but then again, I am pregnant. It is also pretty good on corn chips. Matt (my husband) likes to throw in a handful of grated cheese, which is good, but lately- I like it just the way it is.

No comments: