Sunday, March 4, 2012

Awesome Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have been on a mission for about a year or so now to find the perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I've been on numerous blogs, Pinterest, Food Network, all the big recipe websites and more. Tried hundreds of recipes and some were great, and some well not so great. Then one day I was looking in an old recipe book I had started when Ryan and I were first married. It was a gift from my only sister Marlo who had shared a dozen or so of her favorite recipes in the front of the recipe book and the rest of the book was blank for me to write recipes down. When I came across this book the other night I started flipping through it. When I found a recipe for CCC's (chocolate chip cookies) that I used to make all the time when the hubs and I were newlyweds.

So I busted out the Kitchen Aid and whipped them up. I had completely forgotten how awesome and soft these cookies were. Not only were they soft but they still had an awesome buttery taste too. They even stayed soft the next day. I wouldn't know about any longer than a day because they didn't last that long ;-) The recipe makes the perfect amount for my little family of 5. OH! And the dough was delightful, cuz you know we all eat the dough by the spoonful am I right?

So now I'm sharing the recipe with you and also making sure I have a digital copy! Enjoy the yummies!

CCC's

1/2 cup shortening (I used the butter flavor cuz why wouldn't you?)
1/2 cup butter (1stick)
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 bag milk chocolate chips (or your favorite chips)

Cream together shortening, butter, sugars and eggs. Add salt, soda, vanilla and flour and mix together. Add the chips last. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

2 comments:

Spencer said...

Looks like a wonderful recipe. I am sure they would taste great!

Unknown said...

Hmmm, those just made me hungry!!