Monday, September 26, 2011

Crockpot Creamy Chicken and Rice


This is probably my #1 go to thing I do with my crockpot. You know those packages of rice mixture thingies?? You know these ones:



Yeah! So I use these glorious mixes to make crockpot chicken. I've only used these 2 flavors so far but it is always a hit and always yummy and so easy! In my photo above I've used the cheddar broccoli one with frozen broccoli. Here is the recipe.

2 chicken pieces I usually use boneless skinless breasts
1 package of rice mixture
2 cups water/broth
1 can of cream of chicken
1 package of cream cheese. I love using the new cooking cream ones from Philadelphia
1 package of frozen veggies
2-4 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper optional
(Recipe can be doubled)

Place chicken in crockpot with butter and you can salt and pepper if you choose. Dump in the rice package and pour the water/broth over that. Then mix together the cream of chicken and cream cheese in a bowl and pour over chicken and rice.

Cook on low for about 6 hours or on high for 3. Can use frozen chicken if you want just adjust your cooking time. At the last hour or 2 pull out the chicken and cut it up or shred it. Put it back in the rice mixture and stir everything together. Add frozen veggies and stir to combine. Sometimes I add a little milk to thin it out just a tad but that is completely optional. Then let it all come back up to temperature and the veggies thaw as well. You could even add some cheese if you wanted.

Enjoy!!


No comments: