Friday, September 2, 2011

Stuffed Crescent "Muffins"

 So I will admit I am a huge fan of anything that helps make dinner time quick and easy in our life. I found that Pillsbury is now making unperforated rolls of crescent roll dough. (Available in your refrigerated dough section.) I whipped this together with leftovers from my fridge. This is a pizza-ish version, but I can see myself getting really creative stuffing other things in there too. I already have plans to try out a breakfast version stuffed with fruit. Here's the "recipe":

1. I took a muffin pan and sprayed it with no-stick oil.
2. I then cut out square pieces of the crescent roll dough and lined muffin cups, leaving the corners sticking out the edges. ( I got twelve muffins out of two rolls, but you could probably get more if you cut your dough squares smaller)
3. I then stuffed the dough with a cheese mixture. ( I used a ricotta/mozzarella  mixture similar to what you would use in lasagna)
4. I had some left over cooked hamburger and sausage, so that went in too.
5. We like mushrooms and olives in our house, so a few of those got tossed in.
6. I then gently folded the edges of dough that were sticking up around the edges over, to make a cute little top.
7. Follow baking directions on the crescent roll wrapper, it took mine less than 15 minutes to bake. 
8. I served with leftover spaghetti sauce to dip it in and a salad.


No comments: