Friday, September 2, 2011

Potato Soup Quick!

I love this recipe because you don't have to spend time washing, peeling and cutting potatoes! Here it is:

1 package (24 oz) thawed, unseasoned, frozen hash browns (shredded or cubed is fine)
1/2 cup chopped onion (OPTIONAL if you don't like onion)
butter (about a 1/2 cup, but I don't really measure)
4 cups milk (whole milk will make it creamier- but use what you've got)
1 can chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I admit we like it REALLY cheesy, so I usually use more.)
garlic salt, to taste
cooked crumbled bacon (this is OPTIONAL but very very tasty)

In a large sauce pan, cook and stir the onion and potatoes in butter then heat until cooked through, roughly about 10 minutes.  Stir in all other ingredients, except the bacon.  Simmer for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle some more  grated cheese and crumbled bacon on top. YUM.

1 comment:

St.Aubin said...

I don't know how I missed this one before! Looks Good! Gonna try it!