Thursday, April 30, 2009

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE


4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug(MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
 
Add the egg and mix thoroughly. 
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.. 
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again. 
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. 
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! 
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired

This recipe was sent to me in an e-mail from my sister Tori. Ever the skeptic I had to try it out before passing it along. the top picture is the cake turned out right out of the microwave about 7 minutes total time. The second is the cake dressed up for a dinner party or romantic night which took me approx 10-15 min start to finish. I couldn't believe it, and it's good! Never fear a last minute dinner party again, dessert is only 10 minutes away!

1 comment:

Pays said...

One of my friends passed this recipe along to me. I haven't had a minute to try it yet. It looks yummy. Perfect for a Friday night treat.