Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Stuff Over-A-Baked Potato

This is really easy to make. Cook time is about 30 mins.

Ingredients:
1 lb of ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can of french style green beans (I get the ones with almonds in them)
Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Spices to taste (sometimes I just use Mrs. Dash classic italian seasoning):
Oregano
Basil
Pasley
Italian Bread Crumbs
S & P to taste
Potatoes

In a skillet cook the ground beef, chopping it up as it cooks. Once the meat is cooked put the cream of mushroom soup, green beans, and spices in to the skillet. Mix together. Once everything is cooked, spread over the top of a baked potato and sprinkle with cheese.

Substitutions:
Instead of a baked potato I've used left over mashed potatoes. Also, I've made noodles (any kind you like) and mixed everything together. Kind of a homeade hamburger helper.
During cold season I've also chopped up an onion and cooked it with the ground beef.

This can be combined in a crock pot it needed to serve later.

2 comments:

Lady Carolyn said...

Looks great! the thing I love about a baked potato is its easy to watch your portions. You know exactly how many potatoes you've eaten. LOL

Tori said...

I know and its perfect for leftovers too. :)