Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Now That's a Sandwich!

Tuesday Night Dinner Post from Colorado


Tonight I came home and actually worked-out! I was so excited that I didn't want to spoil it by making a really heavy meal for dinner, and Jeff being so understanding suggested one of my favorites ... veggie sandwiches.
I usually make ours with croissants, but target was out and it's the closest store to us, so I substituted with mini focaccia rounds that I cut in half to make the sandwiches. I also added turkey and provolone to Jeff's to make it a big enough meal for him (his is pictured above). With both upgrades (focaccia and deli meat/cheese) I was still able to keep this dinner under $10 and we had enough to make sandwiches for 4-6 people.
Other ingredients:
Cream cheese
Avocado
Sprouts
Cucumbers
Carrots
To make it really kid-friendly you could cut up and lay out all ingred buffet style and let the kids pile on their favorites. Healthy, fun and delicious!!

No comments: