Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wednesday Dinner Post from Denver


Today I made Campbell's Nacho Chicken and Rice Wraps for dinner. I recently copied the recipe out of a slow-cooker cook book at the library. It turned out well although a bit thick (I left it cooking a bit too long). Here's the recipe just in case it sounds good to anyone else :-)
Makes 10 servings, Prep time 10min, Cook 4-5 hrs
2 cans campbells chedder cheese soup
1 cup water
2 cups pace chunky salsa or picante sauce
1 1/4 cups uncooked regular long grain white rice
2 lbs bonless chicken breasts cubed
10 flour tortillas
Combine all but tortillas in the slow-cooker and let her rip! Serve hot.
Next time I make this I am going to cut the recipe in half, and possibly use cooked chicken (possibly left overs) to cut down the cooking time and prevent the mixture from getting to thick. (Just a thought)

4 comments:

Lady Carolyn said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I'll have to try that one. It seems pretty kid friendly too. :)

Lexi said...

Very! You could even wrap and then cut into bite sized pieces.
-Side note, I bought the campbells soups for this one becuase I was following the recipe exact, but I think kroger and market pantry (targets brand) carry the soup for half the cost. I'm going to do that next time -it saves over a dollar.

Lady Carolyn said...

You know, I think you've got your own food photography yumminess going on. :)

Lexi said...

Why thank you my dear:-)