Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chicken Apple Burgers!






This heart healthy meal is really tasty (in my opinion) and went over well with half of our family. Richard, myself and Katie all really liked it. Emma and Grandpa were not big fans.
If you leave off the apples, it tastes a lot like thanksgiving leftovers on a bun--with out the fat and calories. SO GOOD! FYI, Grandpa and Emma don't like "sweet meat."

The recipe was from Good Housekeeping's Website. Next to the recipe are the nutrition facts. They used a regular buns, I used light, whole wheat buns with half the sodium.

I spent about $10 probably less. It would have been more, but Macey's didn't have ground chicken. Instead I took frozen chicken breasts to the cheese grater. Saved a bundle and it worked just fine.

In the future, I'll use thinner apple slices and maybe just the patties and cranberry sauce.

3 comments:

Lexi said...

Mmm this sounds right up my alley!

Lauren M said...

This was soooooo good! I hid the leftovers so I could eat them by myself! Mwahahahaaa!

Lady Carolyn said...

Yea! I'm glad you liked them!