Friday, February 26, 2010

Tuna Noodle Casserole

My mom would make this one regularly as my sisters and I were growing up. Now, I make it regularly! It is super easy and delicious as well. Simple substitutions make it more healthy for you and there really isn't much of a taste discrepancy.

Ingredients
2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup (I use the 98% fat free kind)
2 cans of tuna
1 bag of egg noodles (I use the whole wheat kind)

Directions
Cook pasta; drain and return to pot
Add both cans of soup (NO WATER) and both cans of tuna; stir it up, baby!
Plop it all into an oven-safe bowl and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or so.
Sprinkle cheese (any kind...probably not parmesan, though) on top and let melt
before serving.

Serves 4...healthy, adult-sized portions.

1 comment:

Lady Carolyn said...

Gotta love tuna-noodle! Its a staple at our house as well, but we use bread crumbs on top. I've actually never tried cheese! I'll have to give it a go.