Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pioneer Woman's Mac n Cheese

I love the Pioneer Woman! Have you ever been to her site? She's awesome. If you haven't checked her out, do so right now. Not kidding...here is the link:

The Pioneer Woman Cooks OK you can wait until you check out my dinner post ;)

She just happened to be on Good Morning America today. I love homemade mac n cheese. It is just so yummy and comforting. Her recipe looked easy enough and I had all the ingredients already. So I went for it. Was not disappointed at all!

I used minature farfalle (bowtie) pasta instead of elbow macaroni. And I also put 1/4 tsp of nutmeg in for that little something that makes you go "what is that?" For sides I did fresh broccoli steamed in Ziplock's Steamer Bags you throw in the microwave. Have you tried them? They are so awesome! Then just buttered, salt and peppered the broccoli. My kids love broccoli. And crescent rolls. Yum.



Here is the recipe.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/04/macaroni-cheese/

I love the way she photo documents each step. She also is completely adorable and has a great sense of humor. She makes gourmet food look easy. And so far her recipes with the step by step photos have been fairly easy to follow. The other cool part is she has it set up so you can click to print out all of her recipes. I will probably do a lot more of her recipes to share here with you. As well as a few other of my favorite food people. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Lady Carolyn said...

Tristan! The blog looks great! Thank you! So does you dinner last night. Soooo gonna try this. :)

You were right about the site too. :)

Lexi said...

Tristan, thanks for the blog make-over!! Every girls needs a good overhaul every now and then LOL

Tristan said...

You are welcome!