Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ham and Guacamole Sandwhiches

I was at a loss for lunch today.  So I hopped on Allrecipes.com and searched for ingredients in my fridge and pantry.  I found this little bit of lunch heaven.

 Cream Cheese Spread, softened


 honey and mustard

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

45 calorie whole wheat bread (toasted, if desired)

leafy green lettuce leaves

tomato slices

honey ham slices Or Turkey

prepared guacamole

Dash crushed red pepper flakes (optional)

1.In a small bowl, stir cream cheese until smooth. Gradually stir in mustard and honey until smooth and well blended. stir in pepper. Spread 1 tablespoon mixture on each slice of bread. Top each with a lettuce leaf, 2 tomato slices and 3 slices of ham.


2.Spread 1-1/2 Tbsp. prepared guacamole onto each of the remaining slice of bread; sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if desired, place guacamole side down on the ham. Serve immediately.

 
Oh, my goodness it has a lot of flavor.  I don't think my kids would love it, but the adults over here sure did!

No comments: