Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mango Salsa


I am totally loving bountiful baskets! It is fun to come up with ways to use all the fruit and veggies I get each week.

This week we got Mangoes, tomatoes, and cilantro. So I knew I wanted to make a salsa. So I waited a few days for the mangoes and tomatoes to ripen a bit more so they would have lots of flavor. This turned out so yummy! I have made salsas before so I just went off of my knowledge of salsa making and had fun.

2 mangoes (from basket)
3 tomatoes (from basket)
1/2 red onion (from Italian pack in basket)
1 clove of garlic pressed (from Italian pack in basket)
1 jalapeƱo (I took the seeds out)
a bunch of cilantro (from basket about 2 Tblsp)

Chop all the above ingredients and put into bowl. Then add salt and pepper to taste. 1 Tblsp lemon juice (I would have done fresh lime juice if I had some limes) and 1-2 tsps of balsamic vinegar. Stir it all together and enjoy with chips! Refrigerate to marry the flavors together a bit more, if you have any left after making it ;-)

No comments: