Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Roasted Panko Asparagus


For the last month I have gotten a bunch of asparagus in my bountiful basket. I love asparagus, but needless to say I have thrown out a few bunches cuz I didn't use them. This week I was determined to use the asparagus. But I wanted something different. I saw a recipe similar to this somewhere online and just threw it together.

1 large bunch of asparagus (from bountiful basket)
2 eggs whisked
1 package of Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2-3 tsps of Emeril's Essence
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
Pam Olive Oil cooking spray

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Pour the Panko crumbs into a casserole dish or something like that. Add the salt pepper, cheese and Emeril's Essence to the panko and stir to combine. Cut the ends off the asparagus and rinse them. Whisk the 2 eggs in another casserole dish. When asparagus is dry toss them a few at a time in the egg. Then toss them in the panko. Place the covered asparagus on a foil lined and cooking sprayed cookie sheet. After all asparagus is on the sheet dump the remaining panko crumbs on top of the asparagus. Then spray with the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray all over the asparagus. Then I sprayed more Olive Oil cooking spray on top of that.

Bake for 15 mins.

This was REALLY good! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Mrs T said...

Ohhh, that looks good! Did the kids like it?

Tristan said...

My kids liked it ok. I probably put too much seasoning on it so it was a bit spicy. But normally my kids like veggies.