Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hungry man's breakfast

 I stopped to watch a show on the Travel channel a while back.  Man vs. Food.  It take this Joe Schmoe guy and has him going all over the country eating all kinds of food in HUGE quantities.  There was once episode that had me drooling.  I did my best to recreate it with what we had and it turned out really well.

I was adding quantities at random, so here are the ingredients and you can eyeball it.


Dice up potatoes and brown them in butter
Season the potatoes with chilipowder and Pepper with a hint of Tobasco
Scramble eggs with milk, onion, green peppers and ham or bacon and Pico de gallo/salsa
Dump eggs onto potatoes and layer with shreeded cheese
cover and let sit until cheese melts.

Serve!


1 comment:

Julie said...

YUM. (I've seen that show too! It is sometimes kind of hard to watch, but fascinating at the same time!)